- Unless specifically stated in our correspondence with you, our fees include disbursements (phone calls, mileage, copying etc.), responding to Council’s requests for additional information (to a maximum number of hours as set out in our correspondence), and administrative tasks. The fees exclude attendance at meetings (other than those mentioned in the scope of works), or affected party consultation. Any work outside the scope outlined above will be charged at hourly rates.
- For the purposes of setting our fees, we usually assume that resource consent applications are not publicly notified and/or do not go to a Council hearing. If this situation emerges, then we will provide a fee for the preparation and presentation of expert evidence.
- A resource consent may impose specific engineering conditions on your development that may not be obvious at the beginning of the engagement process. Once we have had a chance to review the conditions, we may need to amend the scope of the engineering work we are offering, and the fees for completing this work.
- Landscape plans will identify the general location and types of specimen trees, as well as generic ground cover. Unless specifically allowed for in our correspondence, our fees do not include the creation of detailed landscape plans specifying individual plantings, nor do they include the creation of 3D renders.
- Our fees do not include the Council’s, or any other party’s fees. These will be payable by you directly.
Payment Terms and Engagement Procedure
Baseline Group Ltd or Baseline Marlborough Ltd will issue an invoice for the work carried out in the preceding work period. This may be an interim invoice if the work has not yet been completed, or alternatively an invoice for the full fee may be presented if the work is at least 90% complete. All invoices are due for payment on the 20th of the month following the date of the invoice. Late payment shall constitute a default, and will incur a 2% late payment fee per month on the outstanding balance, plus any costs of collection.
Limit of Liability
The maximum aggregate amount payable, whether in contract, tort or otherwise, in relation to claims, damages, liabilities, losses or expenses, shall be five times the fee (exclusive of GST and disbursements) with a maximum limit of $NZ500,000.
Without limiting any defences a Party may have under the Limitation Act 2010, neither Party shall be considered liable for any loss or damage resulting from any occurrence unless a claim is formally made on a Party within 6 years from completion of the Services.